Home  |  Missouri Family Laws  |  Kansas Family Laws  |  Missouri and Kansas Court Resources  |  Contact Us
Dads Divorce KC Kansas City, MO Fathers / Dads and Son Fishing Trip

Child Custody Articles & Terminology
Missouri Custody Information
MO Family Courts
MO Family Laws
MO Family Resources
MO Child Custody Info
Kansas Custody Information
KS Family Courts
KS Family Laws
KS Family Resources
KS Child Custody Info
Child Custody Information
Custody Cases In the News
Family Laws Other States
Dads Custody References
Gaining Custody
Grandparents Rights
Types of Child Custody
Denying / Restricting Visitation
Custody / Divorce Mediation
Case Management Conference
Ex Parte, Order of Protection, Restraining Order
Non Payment of Child Support
Helpful Resources for Dads
KC Child Care
Kansas City Jobs
Keep Children Safe
Adam Walsh Child Protection & Safety Act
Kids Entertainment
Men's Clothing, Activities, Golfing, Bikes
Books and Music
Motorcycle Merchandise & Accessories
Dads Divorce KC Blog
Find me on MySpace and share your story or make suggestions!

Ex Parte, Full Protection Orders and Restraining Orders

During the time you file for child custody modification you may find yourself presented with an Ex Parte, also know as an Order of Protection or Restraining Order. As hard as it may, avoid them if you can. They can add more cost to an already expensive on going custody battle. Although sometimes when you need information that is enough to be the straw that broke the camels back, so to speak, play it smart and video tape everything.

A Sheriff will show up on your doorstep to serve you the papers for the Ex Parte. Don't panic. Accept the papers and contact an attorney immediately.

There are somethings to consider. It should be served to you and only you. You have 30 days. Because it may take sometime to get served you need to show up at the court hearing even if you don't have an attorney. When you go to the Ex Parte hearing you can request a hearing based on the fact that you have not had enough time to gain representation, an attorney. If a continuance is not granted you can request it be documented for the Court of Appeals. Don't try to strong arm a judge with this. Just ask.

If you contest the Ex Parte, the judge will keep a Temporary Order of Protection until he brings you all back in for a trial hearing. This is where DOCUMENT, DOCUMENT, DOCUMENT comes in very handy. Never to child exchange by yourself if possible. We bought a Sony HandyCam and started recording child exchange and recorded all phone conversations.

See more about:
Recorded Phone Conversations: Are They Admissable in Court?

This website is in no way, shape or form created by, sponsored by, or endorsed by any attorneys or law firms.

Child Custody Information in Missouri and Kansas for Dads and Fathers

Copyright © 2006 - Dads Divorce KC

Website Designer in Kansas City - Tina Root